Our Vision is to provide single mothers and their children with hope, inspiration and empowerment necessary for all-round stability.
- To provide members the enablement to lead successful families against all odds who will in turn become productive citizens in their communities.
- To provide members’ families the hope and skills necessary to build an economically and emotionally stable home environment through sustainable programs.
- To provide the framework for a mentoring and support program for members and their children.
- To provide members with a structure that caters for their immediate needs
- We operate a no cash policy for Transparency
- For all expenditures, accounts are rendered for Accountability
- We work together as a TEAM because :
- We recognize the diversity of members and their CULTURE and we celebrate it.
Supermum Charity Initiative is an online support group which is quite similar to face-to-face social support, but also offers the unique aspects of convenience, anonymity, and non-judgmental interactions. It provides members with emotional comfort that relates them to others while creating awareness about similar challenges faced.
Members are able to form fulfilling supportive relationships in an asynchronous format and this form of support proves to be effective in reducing members’ scores on depression, perceived stress, and other related trauma faced by single moms.
Constant communication among members increases the ability to cope with single motherhood stress. Our Online Social support is available to everyone with internet access and allows members to create relationships and receive encouragement for whatever issue they may be facing.
Research clearly shows that happy, optimistic children are the product of happy, optimistic homes, regardless of the family make-up. While we cannot control our children’s happiness, we are responsible for our own, and because children absorb everything from us, our moods matter. Happy parents are likely to have happy kids, while children of depressed parents suffer twice the average rate of depression.
Supermum Charity Initiative was birthed from the deep rooted concerns and love for children of broken homes and single parent family. Consequently, one of the best things that can be done for these children’s emotional well-being is to cater for the parent’s first. As a result, SMCI has provided an engaging platform and a common ground for women who walk the same shoes as a place of growth, hope, support, empowerment and love.